Susanna Carr: top 5 favorite quotes from PRINCE HAFIZ’S ONLY VICE
- “She made him dream about a life he had no right to pursue.”
- He turned away from Lacey. “And even thought we swear that we won’t meet again, that we won’t think about what might have been, we break our promises. The moment we see each other, we destroy everything we tried to create.”
- She was already his, and nothing–not time, not distance–would change that.
- “I’m you one and only vice. Your weakness,” Lacey said. “I am making you into the man you don’t want to be.”
- “I had purged every wild impulse, and nothing could tempt me off the straight and narrow path,” he said quietly. “And then I met you.”
What a royal wants…
Prince Hafiz devotes his days to his people and his nights to indulging his desires with his stunning American mistress, Lacey Maxwell. But duty requires him to marry a “suitable” bride.
In her deepest secret fantasies, Lacey naively hopes to one day wear Hafiz’s ring, until her dreams are shattered and he chooses someone else.
Faced with the reality of a passionless union, Hafiz realizes the years spent with Lacey have done nothing to slake his hunger for her. Instead he’s determined to turn his only vice into a virtue for the sake of his country…and each other!
Lacey stared at the engagement announcement. Her mind refused to comprehend the words. “Marry?” she whispered. Her wild gaze flew to Hafiz’s harsh face. “You’re getting married?”
She waited in agony as he rose to his full height. He looked very tall and intimidating. Almost like a stranger.
Lacey didn’t realize she was holding her breath until he answered. “Yes.”
The single word sent her universe into a spiral. “I don’t…I don’t….” She stared at the headline again, but the pain was too raw, too intense.
Her hands shook as the rage and something close to fear swirled inside her. Fear of losing everything. Pure anger at the thought of Hafiz with another woman. The fury threatened to overpower her. She wanted to scream at the injustice and claw at something. Stake her claim. Hafiz belonged to her.
“You have been with another woman.” She couldn’t believe it. “All this time, you were with someone else.”
Hafiz’s eyes narrowed at the accusation. “No. You have been the only woman in my life since I met you in St. Louis a year ago.”
She was the only woman, and yet he was going to marry another? “Then how are you…I don’t understand.”
He braced his feet a shoulders’ width apart and clasped his hands behind his back, preparing for battle. “I met the bride today and she agreed.”
Lacey’s mouth gaped open. “You just met her?” She snatched the flicker of hope and held on tight. “So, it’s an arranged marriage.”
Hafiz let out a bark of humorless laughter. “Of course.”
“Then, what’s the problem?” She moved slowly as she stood. Her arms and legs felt limp and shaky. “Say that you won’t get married.”
He looked away. “I can’t.” Regret tinged his voice.
About the Author
Susanna Carr is an award-winning author known for her contemporary romances. Readers throughout the world find Susanna’s stories a delightful escape that has often helped them through difficult times. Reviewers frequently describe her work as “fun”, “sexy” and “a must read.” When she isn’t writing or spending time with her family in the Pacific Northwest, Susanna enjoys reading romance and connecting with readers online.
- Website: susannacarr.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/pages/Susanna-Carr/242944799620
- Twitter: twitter.com/susannacarr
- Goodreads: goodreads.com/author/show/22371.Susanna_Carr