Welcome to the Lucky 13 Trick or Treat Blog Hop! This hop features a bag of tricks and a bag of treats, and it just so happens I have one of each. I’m also sharing one of my favorite recipes (it’s both a treat AND a trick around our house…muahhahaa!) so keep reading for lots of goodies, including a gift card giveaway!
**GIVEAWAY CLOSED** Thank you for all the awesome comments…you guys rock! As for our giveaway, random.org has spoken and Daniel M. is our winner. Congratulations, Daniel!
There are two categories of books for this giveaway. Tricks include paranormal, science fiction, BDSM, and suspense. Treats are composed of sweet romance, inspirations, contemporary, or historical.
Here’s my Trick…
One reunion. One ghost. One night that will change everything…
From her earliest memories, Ashley Pearce has been drawn to Ruby Hill Lunatic Asylum, and she’s not the only one. Decades after the abandoned hospital ended its institutional reign of torture and neglect, something lurks in the shadows. Since she’s a paranormal investigator, it’s Ashley’s job to find out what.
Crime scene expert Corbin Malone doesn’t believe in ghosts. A born skeptic, he has no interest in entertaining the hype surrounding the mysterious deaths at Ruby Hill, but he won’t turn his back while more women die. He agrees to an overnight investigation, never expecting his first encounter would be with the woman he pushed away a year ago. But when he discovers Ashley is a target, he learns his greatest fear isn’t living with his own demons, but losing her for good.
…And my Treat
HER WICKED SIN (A Sins of Salem Novel)
SALEM, MA 1692
On a moonless night, he rides into the winter forest on his beast as black as midnight….
Dashing stranger, Henry Dunham, comes to Salem on a mysterious errand, but is thrown from his horse in the dead of night and rescued by the local Puritan midwife, Lydia Colson.
Haunted by her past, Lydia is running from her own dark secrets, avoiding intrusive questions by pretending her dead husband is simply…away. But when she and Henry are caught in a compromising situation, one punishable by Puritan law, he saves her from scandal by claiming to be her errant spouse…and claiming her bed.
Forced to fake a marriage, Lydia and Henry find their passion overwhelming and their vows a little too real. As their lies become truths, a witch hunt closes in on Lydia, threatening not only their burgeoning love, but her life.
Spicy Cajun Stuffed Jalapenos
These are an absolute favorite around our house. Some of the kids won’t touch them, and a couple of us love them no matter how hot they are. But whether you eat them or not, the entertainment value is out of this world. Why? Because I make them so some are hotter than others, and there’s no way to tell which ones are on fire until the person who ate it starts turning red and screaming for water. See? FUNNY! These are really easy, though, and if you’re not a fan of hot stuff or torturing your loved ones, you can make these mild and they’re still delicious.
- 16 large jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons of cajun seasoning
- 1 pound bacon, cooked partway
- Wash the jalapenos and halve them longways. This is the part where you can decide whether you’re going to make them TRICKS or TREATS: remove the seeds. If you take out all the seeds and the white membrane, they’ll be relatively mild. If you don’t do such a thorough job, some of them will be blistering hot. (Note: Use gloves if you have sensitive skin or plan to rub your eyes anytime in the next 2-3 days…these suckers can BURN.)
- Cover a large baking pan with aluminum foil (not required, but helps with cleanup).
- In a mixer, combine the cream cheese and shredded cheddar. Add cajun seasoning to taste. (The more you add, the hotter it’ll be.) Mix well.
- Use a butter knife to fill the jalapenos with the cheese mixture. Place the filled jalapenos on the baking sheet.
- Place a short length of half-cooked bacon on each jalapeno. (I normally tear my bacon so it’s the same length as the pepper). Stab with a toothpick to secure.
- Place in a 350-degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and peppers soften.
- Eat, enjoy, and laugh when someone gets a hot one.🙂
Now, while you’re enjoying those, if you’d like to scare up a prize or two be sure to visit the other stops on the hop, which you can find by clicking here.
Lucky 13 Giveaway
To enter the tour-wide giveaway, click here.
To enter to win a $13 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble, simply leave a comment and let me know which one of my books most appeals to you: the TRICK (Ruby Hill) or the TREAT (Her Wicked Sin). I would also greatly appreciate if you’d consider following my blog (the box is in the upper left sidebar), liking me on Facebook, or following me on Twitter, but all you really have to do is leave a comment. (And let me know who wants some of those jalapenos!)