Jon Thomason: 10 Reasons Max Xylander and the Island of Zumuruud is a MUST-READ
10. It’s a fantasy written like a thriller. Keeps the pages turning!
9. The Island of Zumuruud. Doesn’t the name make you want to see what the island looks like?
8. Running. Our heroine, Max, is a devoted runner and we get to run with her even if the weather outside doesn’t permit it.
7. Animals. Zumuruud has a zoo you have to see (read about) to believe.
6. Travel. We get to visit lots of cool places: Seattle, Warsaw, Alexandria, Luxor, London, Ibiza, and of course, Zumuruud.
5. Emotions. We see all of them: anger, fear, wonder, love, and hate.
4. Pranks. Max realizes that a really fun, if naughty, use of her new talent is playing pranks on unsuspecting classmate. Well, wouldn’t you?
3. Swords. Magical ones. Lots of fighting with them in the book. Even severed limbs!
2. Skatecarpets. The best thing since Michael J. Fox’s hoverboard in Back to the Future. Maybe better.
1. Magic. Well, wouldn’t you like to learn to do magic? We get to watch as Max does.
Thanks for reading. Come join the conversation at http://facebook.com/MaxXylander!
Max Xylander and the Island of Zumuruud
Max has anger management issues. But she has a secret, too. She can make things happen. Like magic. She almost killed a loser skate punk and nearly used it on her stuck up older sister. The question is, can she do anything other than blow things up? Can she learn to control it? And is it really possible that an obscure teenage girl is the key to keeping all of humanity safe?
Philip just got his ring back. He got it taken away for messing with his teacher’s mind so he can cheat on a test. Now that he has his ring, he thinks he should be able to use his power to make his life better. A lot better. The problem is that people want him to be responsible. But if you could do magic, wouldn’t you use it to escape work in any way possible?
Aaron wants to be a soldier. He knows there are lots of people who would try to take over, and he’s determined to stop them. The problem is that there’s this new girl. And she might be not be on the right side of things. She’s really talented and pretty, but she might be able to destroy everything he believes in. Whatever the case, he knows he needs to learn to be world class with the magic sword while he figures out what to do.
Brynn never gets out. Her grandfather won’t permit it. Her only access to the outside world are high fashion magazines, so she has an unusual idea what she should wear. She’s dying to get out and travel. And adopt animals. Any kind of animal. Is she a lonely future granny with cats or are her ridiculous clothes actually the next fashion craze? What possible role could she play in the destiny of the world?
Max Xylander and the Island of Zumuruud is a fast-paced fantasy adventure for all ages (10 and up) and is the first of a planned trilogy. Fans of magic, swordplay, secret agents, and conspiracies set in a modern everyday world will not be able to put the book down. Jon Thomason is a debut author and paints a vivid world of magic right under our noses and delivers rapid-fire action that keeps the pages turning.
“Impressively inventive and enjoyable…vivid storytelling and exceptional characterization…Max’s personality is layered and complex…conveyed flawlessly…keeping readers intrigued and engaged…writing style is smooth, and a subtle sense of humor comes through…narrative tension builds at a good pace and easily flows toward a satisfying and exciting conclusion…parents are likely to both approve of the story and enjoy reading it themselves…talented writer…sure to find an appreciative audience that will eagerly anticipate the next book in the series.” — ForeWord Clarion Review
“Thomason shines in his heroine’s characterization…magical” –blueink Review
Author Jon Thomason
Jon Thomason lives with his family in San Diego, after many years living in the beautiful Seattle area. He has a successful career in high tech where he’s been fortunate enough to participate in many big-name industry releases.
Storytelling permeates everything he does. In the moments when Jon is not helping build the story of the tech world, he can almost always be found working on a project: writing, photography, videography, graphics design, or 3D art.
And he’s always careful to conceal his jinni magic abilities, though perhaps might slip one day and be discovered…
Book Blast Giveaway
$75 Amazon.com Gift Card or Paypal Cash (International)
Apple EarPods (US only)