Time to look back over the month of April! It’s hard to believe we’re already one-third of the way through 2012—it still feels like it should be January (although I, for one, am grateful the bitter cold has passed). Let’s see what the April highlights were, shall we?
KREATIVE BLOGGER AWARD
I’ve recently been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award by *three* of my fellow bloggers: Kate Warren, Wildcat’s Wife, and Elizabeth Morgan. (Click each name to learn 7 things about these awesome peeps!) Thank you all very much! As per the rules, I now have to bestow upon you lovelies seven things about myself. I think most of my regulars have heard all this before, but what the heck. Let’s give it a shot!
1. We welcomed a litter of piglets about a week ago. Yesterday a photographer came to take pictures, which is pretty funny considering the piglets will be, um, sold. (It was the photographer’s idea, not ours. LOL.)
2. I’ve owned horses more than half my life, from age 13 until a couple of years ago. I’ve tried it all, from jumping six foot fences to exercising race horses. (The race horses weren’t mine, but I spent many, many mornings on the track with them.)
3. My husband and I originally talked about having eight kids, but at the time most “normal” vehicles (passenger vans and such aside) only held seven people, so we settled on five so we’d all fit in one car. (And ended up with six.)
4. We love the beach, and it only takes about 15 minutes to get there … but we don’t go very often. FAIL!
5. I get to sleep late almost every day.
6. I’d still be a vegetarian if my husband hadn’t talked me into trying his steak and cheeseburgers. (The scent of a charcoal grill is pure romance if you ask me.)
7. In my first year as a published author (2010) I had two book releases (DOWN IN FLAMES and RUN TO YOU). In my second year, there were three (HAWTHORNE, UNFORGIVEN, and FAMILIAR LIGHT). I’m shooting for four in 2012. TIDE OF LIES is out, so that leaves me with three to go … and LAST CALL is up next.
Coming Soon: LAST CALL
Your first peek at LAST CALL is coming up soon! It’s going to be my next featured title for Six Sentence Sunday, with an anticipated release date in June. Here’s the blurb:
LAST CALL | romantic suspense
An accidental witness to a murder-for-hire, ex-cop Rhys Clark becomes the target of ruthless killer—one determined to silence her at any cost. Playing dead seems to be the most likely way to stay alive, but when her protection comes in the form of mega-sexy former adversary Nick Massey, Rhys can think of a few fates worse than death.
Nick Massey may have walked away from his troubles, but he never got past wanting Rhys. Once paired undercover, they’d been nothing but fireworks until a botched assignment ended her career, sending his into a tailspin. Now a mysterious client is willing to pay Nick anything to keep Rhys safe, but it isn’t until fate takes a critical turn that he realizes the devastating truth: he’s been her greatest threat all along.
This Just In: Book Reviews
The follow reviews have come in since our last update:
TIDE OF LIES (4/25): “This was an exciting romantic suspense story that will keep you on your toes…not only wondering if Holden and Julia will work out their issues but also if you have think is responsible could really be the killer after all.“– Cocktails and Books (3/5)
UNFORGIVEN (4/20): ” It was action from the beginning of the story with some hot passion in-between. The characters were hot and intense; the plot of the story was perfect.” — The Romance Reviews (4/5)
UNFORGIVEN (4/2): “The chemistry is off the charts and the story twist really keeps one guessing!” — Hildie McQueen
UNFORGIVEN (3/27): “The characters are well written, wonderfully real and easy to like and care for, their chemistry works well and you believe the passion and the love.” — For the Love of Reading (3.5/5)
Giveaways and Winners
We had some great giveaways in April, including one print copy giveaway of HAWTHORNE which amassed 290 entries! There’s another giveaway open through May 11 (click here) and many more blog hops coming right here. How can you be the next to score? I’m glad you asked! The easiest way to win is to subscribe to my blog **by email** in the box at the top of the left hand side bar and you’ll be automatically entered in my weekly gift card giveaways. (For full details, click here.) I also participate in a number of blog hops, and when they’re open to entries you’ll find the graphics in the side bar. Be sure to check back often for a shot at the good stuff!
Easy Stalking Guide (AKA Linkage)
Are you following me? Am I following you? (Are we going in circles?) Let’s connect!
If you have any comments or questions or would like to be a guest on my blog, please don’t hesitate to ask! I can’t say I don’t bite (just ask my husband), but I *can* say I don’t bite well from a distance. ;c)